We are a Class Dojo School!
What is Class Dojo?
Class Dojo is a school communication platform that teachers, pupils and families use every day to build close-knit communities by sharing what is being learned in the classroom through photos, videos and messages.
Please see below information about how we use Class Dojo at Kensington:
- Children will be able to earn Class Dojo points for positive behaviours and for their work in school. These will be linked to our Learning Behaviours and the points will count towards their house points tally. You will be able to see your child’s Class Dojo points.
- You will be able to see ‘class stories’ from time to time where the teacher will post information about what the children have been doing in a particular lesson.
- You can also message your child’s teachers. With regards to messaging we would just like to clarify how to use them:
• Do message your child’s teacher if you want to share something positive from home or congratulate your child on something they have done in school.
• Do message your child’s teacher if you have a small query or would like to find out something simple.
• Please do not message your child’s teacher to notify them of absences or illnesses – this should be done via the school office as normal.
• Please do not use Class Dojo to message about any urgent or serious issues; please use the school office and normal school procedures for this.
Teachers will always endeavour to reply as quickly as possible. However, please bear in mind that school life can be incredibly busy and whilst every effort will be made to reply or acknowledge messages, this may not always be possible straight away. Additionally, please do not expect a reply to any messages sent after 5:00pm, at the weekend or during school holidays as teachers will not be able to reply.
We will be using Class Dojo as our main form of communication from the School Office so that we can share whole school communications, information about events in school and reminders all in one place. You will still receive individual communication such as first day absence text messages and your child’s termly attendance letter through Arbor’s text messaging and e-mail function.
Please see below Class Dojo guide which shows you how to download, connect and use Class Dojo: