KJA Half Term Challenges - May 2021
Calling all bookworms!
I hope that you are well during this time and are keeping yourself safe. It has been wonderful to see your many responses and pieces of work for your daily VIPERS reading work. Thank you for engaging with this and we hope that it will continue to help you develop a love of reading.
We are aware that many of you will be keen to get some new reading books to enjoy so please see the links below that will allow you to access either online e-books or via Derbyshire Library Service.
Additionally you can come into school on a Monday and Friday each week between 1:00 & 2:00 pm to change your school book in our library.
- The library service is also offering a click and collect service during the national lockdown. More information about this service can be found here https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/leisure/libraries/library-updates/library-updates.aspx
- Visit the Virtual Library from Oak Academy https://library.thenational.academy/?utm_campaign=NLT-Place2Be-BAFTA-KIDS-2021&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Sprint&utm_content=Sprint-NLT-Place2Be-BAFTA-KIDS-2021
- The Oxford Owl e-book library website offers a range of reading books which are tablet and smartphone friendly. These can be accessed by going on the following website and setting up a free parent account https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/
- Year 6 - you all have codes to access https://readtheory.org/?
- BookTrust is a charity that offers a host of free online stories and books to read that are laptop and tablet friendly. https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/
- If your child is a developing reader then visit https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ to help practise their phonics skills.
I hope that you find these resources useful and we will continue to add to this list over the coming weeks.
Happy reading bookworms!