The Kensington Eco-Team hold regular meetings in school where they discuss the importance of caring for the environment.
The Eco-Team strongly feels that caring for the environment is important to secure a happy and safe future for the children and for the animals on our planet. The Eco-Team believe our planet is a beautiful place which needs protecting and preserving and if we can take small steps towards this, we can begin to make a big difference. They often discuss the oceans and ocean wildlife and how our actions now can help protect these.
The Eco-Team discuss the actions we, as a school, can take and this term have made an action plan for what they aim to achieve before the end of this year:
So far this year the Eco-Team have achieved the following:
- They have completed a litter pick in the local community (which they aim to do termly).
- They have made posters for the rest of school. Each class has an environmental focus pushed by their Eco-Team members (eg- reducing heating, reducing paper waste, turning the taps off).
- They have pushed the walk/ bike to schools campaign and shared the importance of this with children aiming to promote a healthier lifestyle.
- They have implemented recycling bins in the staff room.
- They have carried out environmental reviews to identify areas of concern at our school so we know what to focus on moving forwards.
- They empty and use the compost bins daily for fruit to help the school garden.
- They have set up a gardening club for Year 5.